Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


I love Mother's Day! Not only because I'm a mom and my husband cooked me breakfast and Lauren made me an awesome necklace from dyed penne pasta at school that I wore proudly (THAT really was the best part!), but also because it gave me a chance to do something special for some of the other moms in my life.

Here are some flower arrangements I did for my Grandmother, my mom, and my aunt (Lauren's godmother). I also made arrangements for my mother-in-law, sister-in-law (Nico's godmother) and my godmother but didn't get a chance to take pictures of all of them.

I love to use not-so-traditional containers for my arrangments... It's easy to put flowers in a vase. But, I thought using watering cans and baskets made it a little bit more special because it's not what you would normally expect, and it takes a little more time & effort. (I always try to go the extra mile.) I made topiary-esque arrangements for everyone last year, in terra cotta pots that Lauren helped me paint. But, with 2 kids this year, taking time to paint pots was a little more time than I had.


Mother's Day was a busy day for us! I'm so glad I was able to enjoy my kids and spend some quality time with family.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!!

    Your flower arrangements are really amazing :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat those look great...awesome job!

    ReplyDelete