Friday, September 25, 2009

Joanne & Tyler's Wedding


I was approached by my sister-in-law, Agnes, to handle her sister's wedding reception. She mentioned that Joanne & Tyler's wedding was going to be extremely low-key and intimate, with just under forty guests & no entertainment. She also mentioned that their wedding was on a very tight budget. So, they needed some innovative ideas for centerpieces & favors. And, I'm always up for a good challenge. So I said "okay"... Besides, you can't ever say "no" to family! And, Agnes knew she had me on the hook! BTW... My budget was $150 for a cake, flowers & favors! Challenge enough?

The 2-tier wedding cake from Final Touch Bakery for $100 took up the bulk of my budget. So, I was left with $50 to make 5 floral centerpieces & 50 wedding favors. The centerpieces were white hydrangea with purple "cool water" roses and purple spray roses in glass tumblers that I found at Target (4 for $1.99... SCORE!) I also used the white hydrangea & "cool water" roses to decorate the cake. The favors were tissue paper flowers on wire stems with a base of Hershey's Kisses wrapped in green tissue paper. Don't ask me how I did it all for that low of a budget... but, everything ended up being right at $152 (so, I went a little over budget)

And... BTW... Don't think I'll EVER take on another challenge like that again... But, once again... you can't ever say "no" to family!

Congratulations to Joanne & Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment