Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Diaconate Reception

I had the pleasure of working with my best friend of nearly 25 years, Lisi, on an event for her work a few weeks ago. Lisi is an official "church lady." I know it sounds a little funny for someone so young. But, she works for the Catholic Diocese of Orange for the Office of the Diaconate. Yea... I know some of you are like, "what??" LOL Anywho...

The reception her office wanted to host was for 250-275 people and they needed our help with getting food for the event as well as doing flowers, decorations, etc. It was our first catering gig, so I was a little hesitant to take on such a huge endeavor. 250 mouths is a lot to feed... especially on a budget. After all... it IS the Church so it's not like they're rolling in dough. But, how can I resist a friend in need, helping the Church... and advertisement? ;) The venue was at the future site of Christ Our Savior Cathedral. There were 10 cocktail tables, 2 beverage tables and 4 buffet tables. Luckily, Victor & I have our own chafing dishes and tons of platters, so we didn't have to rent or buy any of that stuff. The food selection encompassed a wide variety of foods to represent the diverse population we were trying to feed. Everyone enjoyed themselves and ate to their hearts' content. There was so much food left over that there was plenty to give to the nearby homeless shelter the following day. It felt so great to do something for the Church, and also having enough left over to give to those in need.
I asked my friend Huey (http://www.hueybui.com/) to come and take some pictures for me. So... Here's what the church people walked out to after their service... Enjoy!
Cocktail Tables
Buffet Table
Beverage Station Arrangement & Everybody enjoying themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment